Iowa venues are all owned by some of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet! These 12 venues aren’t what you’d think of for Iowa- these modern, blank-slate venues are perfect for whatever vibe you want! Modern with bold, bright florals? On it. Earthy with a hint of Western? Deal. Clean and crisp black tie event? No problem. Intimate and casual? Let’s go- when’s the date??
Iowa venue are so flexible in styles, there will always be one at the perfect price point for you, and you’ll have some of the BEST people backing you up leading up to your big day! ❤️
- Four Mounds Inn, Dubuque Iowa. This incredible venue has 2 options for houses to get ready or stay in, and the lawn between is often where the ceremony and reception space are setup! With decades-old trees and the Mississippi River in the background, their grounds are perfect for any type of wedding setting with under 150 guests! View a wedding I shot there by clicking here!
- 1868 Farmhouse, Boone Iowa. Located in the farm country, the background to most ceremonies is the 1868 farmhouse! With a new addition to the back for getting ready spaces, a bunkhouse for the wedding party, a basement den dedicated to the grooms getting ready, and a large reception space- this is perfect for any large wedding! The space is truly a blank canvas and you can style it however you wish!
- The Prelude, New Virginia Iowa. The owners took their time designing this beautiful vintage-inspired venue. The ceremony area is under the pergola with a beautiful fountain as the background, and the main reception hall has black and white checkered floors, black walls, and incredible gold accents! They put their heart and souls into this space and it keeps getting better with time! This is perfect for a modern wedding with 150 or less guests! View a session I shot there by clicking here!
- The Magnolia, Dubuque Iowa. In the heart of downtown, this high ceiling all-white venue is stunning. White marble floors, white walls & beautiful art installations are the background of almost all ceremonies! They have an incredible Airbnb above the venue you can rent to get ready! This venue takes ‘white wedding’ to a whole new level & can accommodate a large wedding!
- Walker Homestead, Iowa CIty Iowa. One of the first venues I shot at and fell in love with! They have both bride & grooms getting ready suites, catering & drinks, and florals, onsite! Most ceremonies have the vineyard and rolling Iowa hills as the background, and the inside space can be styled any way you wish! The staff is incredible, and the space holds up to 240 people seated! View a wedding I shot there by clicking here!
- The Harmac, Cedar Rapids Iowa. This industrial space has a whole new vision with romantic string lighting and large windows around the perimeter with incredible views, craft cocktails at their bar, onsite spacious getting-ready suites, and an incredible rooftop space! They can host up to 400 people for your wedding!
- Surety Hotel, Des Moines Iowa. Surety is a recently renovated hotel in downtown Des Moines, close to the Courthouse! Everything has a very mid-century modern feel to it! They have multiple options for ceremony & reception spaces based on sizes! My personal favorite is their solarium for ceremonies, beautiful natural lighting and a modern industrial look to it! They range from intimate to large weddings!
- Sister Hill Inn, Manchester Iowa. Another bed and breakfast space- perfect for intimate and cozy weddings! Plenty of room for a small wedding to stay at, and grounds for your ceremony, reception, and photos! With options for traditional reception space and tended reception, they specialize in 80 guests or less, but with a tent reception can do up to 150! This is an affordable and stunning option for your elopement.
- Willow On Grand, Des Moines Iowa. Having opened in recent years, they have created a stunning french inspired wedding venue! While right on Grand Ave, they have managed to make their grounds feel tucked away and intimate! They have incredible spacious getting ready spaces, large windows lighting the reception hall, beautiful turff for a ceremony or cocktail hour, and are close by to various areas to do photos at! With a capacity of 300, any sized wedding would fit in perfectly however you style it!
- Little Lights on the Lane, West Branch Iowa. This venue hosts the best large weddings! WIth an incredibly spacious reception hall, beautiful patio for dance parties and cocktail hour, lawn for board games, and stunning getting ready suites on site, it was a quick hit (and no wonder) in the Iowa wedding world! View a wedding I shot there by clicking here!
- The Monroe, West Des Moines Iowa. This venue can do both intimate and large weddings! With 3 options for a ceremony space, getting ready suites on site, outdoor patio for ceremony or cocktail hour, and conveniently right up the hill from a Dunkin Donuts- its perfect. With a crisp modern vibe, you can do modern & traditional styled weddings here! View a session that I shot there by clicking here!
- The Stables at Copper Ridge, Denison Iowa. The stable has a large space for your big wedding! Both the indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception options, beautiful firepit and cocktail hour areas, and getting ready suites on site! They bring a french rustic charm to their Iowa wedding venue!