You’ve opted to have an intimate wedding vs the whole shebang- which is GREAT! It’s the road less traveled, but so meaningful! Here are 5 wedding venues in Iowa that are perfect for small and intimate weddings! I’m talking 100 People or less!
- Iris Aisle, Winterset (cover photo) This greenhouse-inspired venue has a max capacity of 75 people, a yurt, and a cabin for getting ready and staying at for your wedding weekend! They have single-day and weekend options, along with packages for you and your crew to camp for the weekend! Indoor and Outdoor ceremony + reception space options give you lots of variety for your wedding!
- The Teachout Building, East village This venue is located in the east village- on the top floor of the Teachout building! If you’re wanting a warm and intimate space with an urban rustic feel- this space is perfect! They have a capacity for 200 people, but the space is also perfect for that intimate feel! You have the venue for the whole weekend for setup and tear-down! Being located in the heart of Des Moines there are plenty of options for hotel stays, and photos nearby! (Including my favorite studio a few floors below!
3. The Monroe, West Des Moines This Venue replaced another one in 2022, so is BRAND new and booking!!! The Monroe is right in West Des Moines, so if you’re local this is close by and convenient! They have two wedding size options, these images were the small ceremony space, and they have a large wedding option as well- or if you want an intimate ceremony and a big party afterward- this place is it! With a bar, full kitchen, full-sized windows around the whole building, and billard/cocktail hour room, this is a dream for your wedding day!
4. The Prelude, New Virginia This venue was completed in 2022 and has been booming!!! Their max capacity is 165, but are perfect for your small wedding! They have a gorgeous garden space for your outdoor ceremony, and an elegant/vintage reception space- complete with black and white checkered floors, and a grand piano! The couple that owns and runs the venue are the sweetest people you’ll ever meet!
5. Four Mounds Inn, Dubuque This venue has TWO house options, and beautiful grounds for you and your guests! You can stay in the houses, and enjoy the land for your wedding! The houses are just out of Dubuque on the north side, and up a long drive and overlooking the Mississippi river, and trails all over! This has been one of my favorite venues, to work at just because everywhere around the venue itself is gorgeous! If you’re looking for a relaxing weekend wedding getaway- this is it!
Keep an eye out for more wedding venue ideas!